In order to protect the environment, the MMG Co. provides superior and applied systems of management and environmental engineering in order to fulfill the needs of the applicants in this field. The environmental division uses the help of a team consists of the internal and external specialized consultants. It also cooperates with prestigious academics. So, It can design and implement a wide range of services including measurement, evaluation and implementation of environmental management systems based on the needs of small and big industries. Among the services of the company in the field of environment, we can mention the following:
- Developing a variety of recycling management programs
- Development and establishment of a variety of energy management systems
- Measuring, monitoring and assessing regional pollutions
- Development of toxic and hazardous waste management programs
- Development of policies and establishment of specific environmental management programs
- Consultation on the establishment of waste and wastewater management operational programs
- Evaluation, baseline supervision and implementation of the environmental management strategies
- Development of special waste management programs in construction and operation phases
The special services in the field of management and environmental risk assessment
- Advanced modeling of the environmental pollutants emission
- Implementation of Life Cycle Assessment
- Environmental risk assessment by the TOPSIS, E-FMEA, and AHP methods
- Specialized consultation on the establishment of the greenhouse gas emission management system and sustainable development (SD)
- Environmental Impact Assessment with the novel methods
- Consultation and implementation of the program for volatile organic compounds (VOC) detection and fix leaks from the Process Equipment (LDAR Program)
- Holding the training course of the International Certificate in Environmental Management (IEMA)
Environmental due diligence assessment
Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) assessment, or Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment (Phase 1 ESA), is a critical part of the risk and liability management process associated with any sensitive business transaction such as mergers, divestitures and acquisitions.
The primary objectives of a Phase 1 ESA/EDD study is to assess the environmental sensitivity of the subject property area, develop a preliminary conceptual site model (CSM) which illustrates any potential risks to environmental and or human receptors and to determine whether there are any Recognised Environmental Conditions (RECs) associated with the target property.
Environmental Site Assessment is conducted with due regard to the following legal requirement:
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) E 1527-13 Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process
- BS ISO 14015:2001 Environmental management – Environmental assessment of sites and organizations
Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental impact assessment for the first time as a process of analyzing, appraising and forecasting environmental impacts of socio-economic development projects and plans; production or business establishments; and economic, cultural, social, defense or security facilities and other facilities, and proposing appropriate solutions to environmental protection.
Thanks to the socio-economic development and based on Vietnam’s environmental status and international integration process, the issue of environmental impact assessment is provided for in the 2005 Environmental Protection Law in two degrees: strategic environmental assessment and environmental impact assessment. Strategic environmental assessment means the analysis and forecast of environmental impacts of strategic projects and development plans before they are approved in order to assure sustainable development. Environmental impact assessment covers the analysis and forecast of environmental impacts of specific investment projects before environmental protection measures can be proposed for execution of those projects.